So I was a lot more active in updating the site in 2016. But it’s for one obvious reasons I just built more models. Still, it’s interesting to see the growth the site has seen. Some facts from 2016:
- There were a total of 90 posts.
- There were a total of 10,994 visitors.
- They totaled 20,860 views.
- The top 5 visitors were from United States, Singapore, United Kingdom, Indonesia and France.
- The most viewed post was ‘Upcoming : 1/48 Kinetic F/A-18C Hornet’.
- The most viewed preview was ‘Preview : 1/48 Hobby Boss F-14B Tomcat’.
- The most viewed work of mine was (surprisingly) ‘Completed : Grumman F-14A Tomcat ‘VF-84 Jolly Rogers”.
- The next 2 most viewed works were the ‘Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1A Valkyrie’ and the ‘Bandai 1/12 Stormtrooper’ which shows how diverse my audience is I guess.
- More of interest is that those top 3 posts are probably the 3 least shared builds of mine since I always share my builds on Aircraft Resource Center which brings in a lot of visitors.
Towards the end of 2016, I debated adding a RocketPunch Facebook page to run parallel with this site. For one thing I think it would drive more traffic to this site and since it’s a lot easier to update, I’d have more content up. I ended up scuttling that idea because I didn’t really want to have to add more sites to update. Also, I think I’ll end up updating the Facebook page and start to ignore this one (I’ve seen it happen often). Lastly, the plan is never to start monetizing this site anyway and I’m happy the way it is.
So looking at ahead at 2017, I hope the updates continue in a more or less consistent basis but this will of course, depend on whether I can keep up with building like I did last year.