I’m sounding like a broken record but I completed 11 kits for 2022.
I’m again one short of my target of a dozen kits built. Seriously, how hard can it be to get a dozen done?
Some stats about my site and builds:
- I published 22 posts for a total of 15,587 words
- the site was visited by 14,637 users and generated 36,800 views. Both dips from 2021
- my most viewed 2022 build was the Hasegawa 1/72 Northrop Grumman VF-0D Phoenix
- my most viewed 2022 WIP was the Hasegawa 1/72 VF-0D Pt.3 – Painting & Finishing
- my most viewed non-build related post was the Preview : 1/72 F-4 Phantom II kit comparison (Fine Molds, Fujimi and Hasegawa)
So it’s another Macross-related kit that had generated the most interest. The F-4 kit comparison article also happens to be the all-time most viewed post and by a large margin. I think it won’t be overtaken anytime soon.
Anyway, while I finished 11 kits, I have only managed to post 7 of them on the site as I haven’t finished the write-ups for them. Basically, I haven’t been writing as much as I should be for both the build log and WIPS hence the smaller number of total posts. I hope to catch up to the 4 finished kits by the end of this month.
Last year I set myself the following goals:
- 12 builds for the year
- at least 3 builds by the end of January
- a more consistent ‘color’ to my photos. I’ve been using the same white backgrounds but can’t seem to get the different build backgrounds to have the same white tone.
- one build that’s neither an aircraft or mecha
Er… I didn’t achieve any of them. So I think I’ll just roll them over to 2023.
12 kits in a year. Seriously, how hard can it be??