I finished 11 kits (again) for 2021!
I was one short of my target even though the Covid-19 pandemic was still ongoing and I was home a lot more. I also didn’t have a ‘shitty’ build this year which would have eaten up a lot of time so I’m not quite sure why I slowed down. In any case, it’s something to improve on.
Some stats about my site and builds:
- I made 42 posts with 32,172 words in 2021
- My site was viewed by 15,447 visitors and generated 38,772 views. It’s less visitors but more views than 2021.
- My most viewed 2021 build was the Hasegawa 1/72 Sukhoi/IAI/Dornier SV-51y
- My most viewed 2021 WIP was the Hasegawa 1/72 F-16C Blk 30 Pt.2 – Painting & Finishing
- My most viewed non-build related post was the Preview : 1/72 F-4 Phantom II kit comparison (Fine Molds, Fujimi and Hasegawa)
Interesting that it’s another Macross-related kit that generated the most views.
In any case, the build I had least trouble with was the Hasegawa 1/72 Sukhoi/IAI/Dornier SV-51y with the only trouble being not getting the color scheme correct in my first pass. The most complicated was the Academy 1/72 Boeing AH-64E Apache Guardian ‘TNI-AD’. The kit itself fit great but required quite a bit of modifications to get it to be 90% accurate to the TNI-AD’s version.
Last year I said that I wanted to do more common themed group pictures and I’ve generally been able to do that. Sure wish I can build faster so I can squeeze more of them into one picture though.
I managed to finish up 3 Shelf Queens but surprisingly didn’t have an Aggressor aircraft or EFSF mass production MS build last year. The former can be explained by my suspension of an A-4E Aggressor build around October due to having to order a spare canopy but I can’t explain the latter.
A few things I hope to achieve in 2022:
- 12 builds for the year
- at least 3 builds by the end of January
- a more consistent ‘color’ to my photos. I’ve been using the same white backgrounds but can’t seem to get the different build backgrounds to have the same white tone.
- one build that’s neither an aircraft or mecha
Anyway let’s see! In the meantime, here’s wishing everyone a safe and healthy New Year ahead.