I finished 8 kits in 2019.
That’s less than 2018 and again falling short of my target of 12. I actually had the 9th kit on the finishing stages but a last minute disaster means I’ll only be able to finish it in 2020.
My favorite build of 2019 was definitely the VF-1S Super Strike Valkyrie because I’m a sucker for heavily armed mecha and I think the result is very striking (heh).
The most trouble-free build was definitely the A-36 Apache. Even the usually problematic sharkmouth decal went on without a hitch.
For 2020 I’ve decided to be less ambitious and target 10 completed kits.
OK, some stats about my site:
- I made 55 posts totaling 25,232 words. So I’m writing more but at a smaller frequency than in 2019. Quality over quantity? Heh.
- 2019 saw 22,725 views from 9,983 visitors. That’s an improvement of 8% and 9% over 2018.
- The most viewed 2019 work is the Italeri 1/72 Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-37B Ferret E. This is a big surprise for me but I guess my visitors like more esoteric subjects.
- The most viewed post is Scale model shopping in Akihabara, Tokyo. Modelers are shopaholics too!
- The most viewed WIP post was WIP : AFV Club 1/48 F-5E Tiger II Pt. 1 – Construction. An old post from 2017.
Curiously, there were visitors to the Shelf Queens page which really only lists my shelf of shame. 😀
Overall I get less interest from my non-Macross mecha kits compared to my aircraft builds. I think it might be because I share more of my aircraft builds in Facebook Groups than the other subjects.
So what’s in store for 2020? More of the same I think, with hopefully just as detailed WIPs that I’ve started doing in 2019. They take some effort to do since they can break the building momentum but I like seeing WIPs of people’s builds so it’s my way to ‘pay it back’.
Finished, not perfect. Finished, not perfect. Onwards to 10 builds for 2020.