So I completed 8 kits in 2017:
This is 1/3 less than what I completed in 2016. I took a short trip in June and ended up not doing any building till September. Although I finished less kits, I think my work has improved with construction being neater that resulted in less seamline fixing. I also worked on adding some tonal variations to my painting. However, I still find my weathering ‘off’ somewhat, being unable to make them appear random enough.
For the upcoming year, I hope to get into some armor and perhaps a car. And I also want to further improve my weathering. Who knew that it’ll be hard to make things look random? Lastly, I hope to be able to finish at least an even dozen kits again.
Site-wise, here’s a quick look at what happened in 2017:
- I made a total of 56 posts.
- There were 1,993 visitors totaling 4,614 views from August to December.
- My most viewed post and work was Completed : AFV Club 1/48 Northrop F-5E Tiger II ’26th TFTS’.
- The next 2 most viewed work were Completed : Italeri 1/72 BAe Sea Harrier FRS.1 and Completed : Italeri 1/72 Grumman EF-111A Raven.
- My most viewed work log was WIP : 1/72 Hobbyboss F-14B Tomcat Pt.1.
The stats are not accurate for 2017 because I moved servers in August so I lost all the previous tracked results. I also had less posts because starting this year, I consolidated my work logs so each post was longer and more detailed.
Since I’m building more, I’ve been spending less time writing for the blog, hence I only did 1 preview and 2 reviews in the last year. While it’s a compromise I’m willing to make, I think I’ll try to find some time to add more articles and post my thoughts on the state of the hobby. Let’s see how it goes.