A look back at 2015

First and foremost, I finished the most kits in… ever! 4 isn’t a lot, but considering I’ve only ever finished 3 kits a year and with my last kit being finished in 2012, this is a big deal!

<

I would have probably been able to finish another one before 2015 ended. Unfortunately I had an endless stream of minor illnesses in November and had a long trip overseas in December. Anyway, I’m perfectly happy to finish the year with 4 completed kits.

Now to be fair, 3 of the kits weren’t started in 2015 itself: they were all in various stages of construction when I finished them. But I hope to finish 6 to 8 kits this year. Fingers crossed.

I’ve also done a few other things in 2015 worth noting:

  1. I’ve switched to using Acrylic paints for everything from priming to detailing like washes and panel lining.
  2. There is something to be said about using a high quality airbrush. I finally took the Procon Boy PS-269 platinum out of the box and it’s a dream to use. But at the rate I’m building, I’m not sure it’s worth the retail price they ask for this bad boy (I got it off my friend who hardly used it and got out of the hobby).
  3. I think I’ve finally gotten the hang of taking photos of my completed kits. It’s not perfect yet but I think it’ll just take some minor tweaking to get it just right.

I hope 2015 is the start of more productive years to come. Seeing the big pile of kits in my attic is not just an eyesore, it’s an earsore (looking at the Missus)…

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: