WIP : 1/72 Hasegawa VF-1A Valkyrie Pt. 3

Since I can’t leave it well enough alone, I decided that I needed to fix the brown color. The new color (on the left below) is Model Color 977 Desert Yellow. Much better.

The second main color is white and I realized that I’d forgotten how hard it is to get a very ‘white’ color especially over a dark color. Even after a few passes, it still looks like a light gray.

So besides having to do a ton of masking, I also had to do multiple passes of white over multiple sessions. And of course due to my laziness, there is overspray. Yay! Touch-ups!

Speaking of masking, I really need to improve my method…

I need to do quite a bit of touch-ups, but the VF-1A is finally taking shape!

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: